Pacitane 2 Mg Tablet 70
Trihexyphenidyl is used to treat the symptoms of Parkinson’s disease (a type of nerve disease that caUSES movement disorder), involuntary movement of face and jaw, muscle stiffness, drug-induced movement disorders caused by taking antipsychotic drugs etc.
How does the drug work?
Trihexyphenidyl is an active ingredient in Pacitane medicine and belongs to a class of drugs called anticholinergics. It works by blocking the action of a chemical called acetylcholine, this relaxes the smooth muscles and in turn reduces the rigidity of muscle spasms, uncontrolled shaking and excess secretion of saliva associated to Parkinson’s disease.
What are the common side effect?
The most common side effects of trihexyphenidyl include blurred vision, eye pain, dizziness, dry mouth, difficulty in breathing, constipation, stomach upset, diarrhea, vomiting, irregular heart rate, fever, skin rash, confusion, painful urination and trouble sleeping.
• Patients with high blood pressure, heart, kidney or liver disorders should be cautious beforetaking Pacitane.
• Inform the doctor immediately, in case of any psychiatric symptoms such as confusion, hallucinations and delusions.
• Take precautions while driving or using heavy machinery as the drug may cause dizziness or drowsiness as side effects.
• Use Pacitane tablet with caution in hot weather as it can increase susceptibility to heat stroke.
• Consult the doctor immediately in case of breathing difficulty, painful urination and blurred vision.
• Safe use of trihexyphenidyl can cure the movement disorders.
1. Does the use of Pacitane tablet cause weight gain? No, Pacitane does not cause weight gain.
2. Does the use of trihexyphenidyl make me drowsy? Yes, one of the side effects of using trihexyphenidyl is drowsiness. Therefore avoid the activities that require alertness.
3. When can I stop taking the Pacitane tablet? Avoid abrupt discontinuation of the treatment as it can worsen the condition and can be life-threatening. You can stop taking the medication with the instruction of the doctor.
4. Is trihexyphenidyl safe during pregnancy? It may be unsafe to use the drug during pregnancy. However, consult the doctor in case you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to become pregnant.
5. Can tab Pacitane be given in children? No. Tablet Pacitane is not recommended in children below 18 years of age. However, consult your doctor.