Paingesic 40 Mg Tablet 2
Piroxicam is used for reducing the swelling, treating the stiffness and joint pain in certain diseases such as osteoarthritis, acute gout and rheumatoid arthritis. Tablet dolonex dt relieves pain and used to treat postoperative pain.
How does the drug work?
Piroxicam belongs to a class of drugs called non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). It acts by reducing the production of chemical called prostaglandins which is responsible for causing pain and inflammation in the body.
What are the common side effect?
Piroxicam side effects commonly include constipation, diarrhea, dizziness, flatulence, tinnitus (ringing in ears), head ache, and tachycardia (increased hart rate).
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Can I use warfarin while on Piroxicam? No. Piroxicam may increase the effects of warfarin.
2. Does piroxicam cause weight loss? No. You would probably gain weight due to piroxicam.
3. Can I use piroxicam for menstrual pain? Yes, piroxicam reduces the menstrual pain.
4. What are the serious side effects of piroxicam? Kidney damage is a serious side effect of piroxicam.
5. Can I take piroxicam along with paracetamol? Yes. You can take piroxicam along with paracetomol as there are no significant drug interactions found between these drugs.