Pan 32 Powder 200 Gm
PAN is a proton pump inhibitor used to reduce the amount of acid produced in the stomach. It is indicated for healing or prevention of the erosive esophagitis, gastric or duodenal ulcers, Helicobacter pylori infection, and gastro-esophageal reflux disease.
How does the drug work?
PAN contains pantoprazole that stops the production of stomach acid by inhibiting the action of proton pumps. Proton pumps are the ion channels, found on the cells lining the stomach, produces stomach acid. Sometimes, the excess acid produced in the stomach can flow back into the esophagus causing pain and burning sensation (heartburn). Pantoprazole USES include reducing the production of stomach acid, stopping the back flow of stomach acid, and relieving heartburn symptoms. Apart from acid relief, pantoprazole prevents peptic ulcer that may occur as a side effect in the patients taking non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs). Pantoprazole tablets are available in dosages of 20 mg and 40 mg.
What are the common side effect?
The pantoprazole side effects include excessive tiredness, high body temperature, headache, joint pain, dry mouth, dizziness, rashes or itching, abdominal pain, constipation or diarrhea, and bloating.
Important Info Take the medication as per the instructions given by the doctor. Drug pantoprazole can be taken with food or without food, although taking before food is preferable. Patients who are allergic to pantoprazole or the drugs of the similar class should not take the medication pantoprazole. As the long-term use of pantoprazole may affect the liver function, patients who had a history of liver disease should undergo regular monitoring. The drug should be used with caution in the patients with reduced kidney function, osteoporosis, and vitamin B12 deficiency. Pantoprazole should not be administered with anti-HIV drugs, methotrexate, and anticoagulants (warfarin). The use of pantoprazole in pregnant and lactating women has not been evaluated. In children (5 years and older), short-term use of pantoprazole is recommended only in those who are diagnosed with gastro-esophageal reflux disease.
1. What should I do if I miss a dose? If you forget to take the medication at the usual time, you must take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, you must skip the missed dose.
2. Are there any storage precautions for pantoprazole? Store the medication at room temperature (25°C) and away from direct heat. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
3. What long-term effects I might experience with pantoprazole? Use of pantoprazole for more than one year may increase your risk of bone fractures and vitamin B12 deficiency.
4. Is pantoprazole used for acidity treatment? Yes. Pantoprazole reduces the production of stomach acid. Thus, it relieves the symptoms such as pain and burning sensation. It is also used for the treatment of ulcers in the esophagus and stomach.
5. Can I take any other medications along with pantoprazole? You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications.