Pancuronium Bromide 2 Mg Injection 2 Ml
Pancuronium is a skeletal muscle relaxant. It is also infused during surgeries to provide skeletal muscle relaxation such as mechanical ventilation.
How does the drug work?
Pancuronium belongs to a class of drugs called nondepolarizing neuromuscular blockers. It works by blocking the action of a chemical called acetylcholine; this relaxes the smooth muscles and in turn reduces the rigidity of muscle spasms.
What are the common side effect?
The most common side effects of Pancuronium include blurred vision, eye pain, dizziness, dry mouth, difficulty in breathing, constipation, stomach upset, diarrhea, vomiting, irregular heart rate, fever, skin rash, confusion, painful urination and trouble sleeping.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Does the use of Pancuronium cause weight gain? No, Pancuronium does not cause weight gain.
2. Does the use of Pancuronium make me drowsy? Yes, Pancuronium may cause drowsiness. Therefore avoid the activities that require alertness.
3. When can I stop taking the Pancuronium? Avoid abrupt discontinuation of the Pancuronium as it can worsen the condition and can be life-threatening. You can stop taking the medication with the instruction of the doctor.
4. Is Pancuronium safe during pregnancy? It may be unsafe to use the drug during pregnancy. However, consult the doctor in case you are pregnant, breastfeeding or planning to become pregnant.
5. Can Pancuronium be given in children? No. Pancuronium is not recommended in children below 18 years of age. However, consult your doctor.