Paracetamol(Alkem) 500 Mg Tablet 10
Paracetamol is a commonly used medication to relieve fever and mild to moderate pain. Paracetamol is used to relieve headache, toothache, ear pain, joint pain, and pain during menstruation. It is also prescribed to treat the discomfort during feverish colds, and flu.
How does the drug work?
Paracetamol is an active ingredient in Calpol which belongs to the class of drugs known as antipyretics (fever reducing) and analgesics (painkiller). Paracetamol acts on the temperature-regulating region of the brain, which results in increased blood flow across the skin which causes sweating and heat loss thereby reducing fever. It acts as a painkiller therefore reduces the pain by increasing the pain threshold. Paracetamol is a drug to treat fever related symptoms.
What are the common side effect?
The most common side effects of Calpol include allergic reactions which may cause skin redness, swelling or rash. It can also cause running nose, facial swelling and blisters on the skin. Overdose can cause adverse symptoms such as nausea and vomiting, abnormal blood cell count, shortness of breath, and liver injury.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is Calpol (paracetamol) safe for my baby with teething pain? Yes, Calpol is used for relieving pain in infants and children; it is safe when used in the prescribed dose.
2. Does Calpol make me drowsy? No. But when, Calpol is taken in the combination form with other medications such as Cetirizine or other cold and cough medications then you may feel drowsy.
3. Does Calpol drug treat migraine pain? Yes, Calpol tablet is used for treating migraine; however consult your doctor for the Calpol dosage.
4. Is Calpol safe during pregnancy? Calpol alone is relatively safe but consult your doctor before administering the medication.
5. Can Calpol be safely used with other NSAIDs? Yes, Calpol is safe when taken with other NSAIDs; however, consult your doctor regarding combined use of Calpol with any other drug.