Pediscab Ointment 25 Gm
Lindane is mainly used for the treatment of head lice and scabies. It is also prescribed for treatment of pubic lice and Norwegian scabies.
How does the drug work?
Lindane is an anti-parasite which is active against a broad range of pests such as lice, ticks, fleas, and mites. Lindane kills the parasites and pests by causing paralysis. It acts on never cell membrane of the pests and disrupts the sodium channels which are present on their cell membrane. Disruption of sodium channel causes delayed repolarisation and paralysis.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of Lindane are –fever, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting , diarrhea, headache, dizziness, swelling of mouth and numbness, irritation or tingling sensation at the site of application.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Can I use Lindane for ringworm? No. Lindane is an anti-parasite medication. It is not effective against fungal infections such as ringworm.
2. Is it safe to take Lindane during lactation? Lindane does not reach the breast milk so it is considered safe to use during lactation. However, consult the physician for safe use.
3. Can I take any other medications along with Lindane? You must discuss with the physician before taking any other medications.
4. Is Lindane prescribed for treating head lice in younger children? Yes. Lindane is prescribed to younger children. It should not be used on children younger than 2 months old. Consult the physician before applying the medication to a child.
5. How should I store the medication? Store the medication at room temperature away from sunlight and heat.