Perinorm 5 Mg Injection 10 Ml
Metoclopramide used to treat heartburn caused by gastroesophageal reflux, management of dyspepsia, and relief from nausea and vomiting. It is used for gastrointestinal emptying, bloating, and belching.
How does the drug work?
Metoclopramide acts as antiemetic. It increases muscle contractions in the upper digestive tracts and speeds the rate at which stomach empties the food into the intestines. It treats gastric emptying in diabetic people.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of metoclopramide are diarrhea, drowsiness, difficulty in speaking, irregular heartbeat, dizziness, and problems with breathing, breast pain, and breast tenderness.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is metoclopramide a laxative? No, it does not have any property of laxative; it is a medication for treating bloating and abdominal discomfort.
2. What is the safe metoclopramide dosage for children? Children below 10 years are not prescribed metoclopramide tablets. Talk to the doctor to know about the safe doses for children.
3. How often can I take metoclopramide tablet? Take metoclopramide tablets as prescribed by your doctor. Take the drug 15-20 minute before the meals, and if needed take before going to bed.
4. Does metoclopramide affect blood pressure levels? The alteration of blood pressure levels are not reported, if you experience any changes in your blood pressure levels, consult your doctor immediately.
5. I am on antiviral drugs. Can I use metoclopramide tablet? No, metoclopramide should not be taken with antivirals as it can cause drug-drug interaction.