Phenermin 5 Mg Syrup 60 Ml
Promethazine is used to relieve symptoms of allergies such as rhinitis, sore throat, stuffy nose, runny nose, itchy eyes, cough, and hay fever.
How does the drug work?
Promethazine belongs to the class of antihistamines. Histamine is an inflammatory mediator that is released from mast cells in response to allergic reactions. The release of histamines results in allergic symptoms. Promethazine blocks the release of histamines, thus causing reduction of the allergy symptoms.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of promethazine are headache, dry mouth, weakness, drowsiness, palpitations, diarrhea, abdominal pain, and nausea.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. What should I do if I miss a dose? If you forget to take the medication at the usual time, you must take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, you must skip the missed dose. Do not take double dose.
2. What are the storage precautions for promethazine? Promethazine must be stored at room temperature (25°C) and away from direct heat. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
3. What long-term effects I might experience with promethazine? Use of promethazine for long term may cause weight gain. It impairs liver functioning and may increase the risk of liver disorders.
4. Is promethazine used for the treatment of insomnia? Yes. Promethazine has a sedative effect, it reduces wakefulness and can be used to treat sleeping disorders such insomnia.
5. What are the medications I should avoid while taking promethazine? Drugs which belong to lithium, atropine, blood thinners, bronchodilators, and MAO inhibitors should not be taken along with promethazine.