Platifirst 50 Mg Infusion 50 Ml
Cisplatin is an anticancer drug which is used to treat the cancers of the urinary bladder, testes, and ovaries.
How does the drug work?
Cisplatin interferes with the multiplication of the cancer cells and delays the growth and spread of these cells in the body.
What are the common side effect?
The side effects which are common with cisplatin are hair loss, tiredness, a decrease in the sense of taste, pain, swelling, and irritation at the site of injection.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is hair loss a permanent side effect with cisplatin? No. Usually, the hair loss which occurs with the use of cisplatin is only temporary.
2. Can I drive after taking the cisplatin injection? No. It is better to avoid driving after taking the cisplatin injection because of side effects such as vomiting and drowsiness with the drug.
3. What to do if cisplatin comes in contact with my skin? Contact of cisplatin with skin may be harmful. Wash the skin with soap and water immediately.
4. What to do in case of an overdose with cisplatin injection? As the cisplatin injection is given by a healthcare professional, you will not have an overdose.
5. How to reduce my chances of infection during cisplatin medication? Stay away from infected people. Do not allow your body fluids to come in contact with hands or other surfaces.