Pmx 1000000 Iu Injection 1
Colistin is used to treat serious bacterial infections.
How does the drug work?
Colistin inhibits the growth of bacteria, thus, treating the infections.
What are the common side effect?
The side effects which are common with Colistin are itching, rash, dizziness, spinning sensation, stomach upset, numbness and tingling sensation.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. How is the Colistin injection given? The Colistin injection may be given either into the vein or into the muscle.
2. Can I store the Colistin injection? No. Do not store the Colistin injection. Use it immediately after reconstruction.
3. What are the symptoms of an overdose with Colistin? An overdose of Colistin leads to the symptoms such as confusion, loss of balance, extreme numbness and tingling, shallow breath, slurred speech and loss of consciousness.
4. What to do if diarrhea occurs with Colistin? If you experience diarrhea with Colistin, immediately call your doctor for medical help.
5. What is the dose of Colistin injection? The dose of Colistin is based on the type of infection and other factors. So, ask your doctor.