Povirom M Ointment 15 Gm
Povidone Iodine is used for the treatment and prevention of iodine deficiency diseases. It is used for the prevention of skin irritation in the patients undergoing radiation therapy. It is used for the prophylaxis and treatment of thyroid disorders. It is used for the treatment of foot ulcers in the diabetic patients. It is used for the treatment of mouth ulcers. It is used for the treatment of fibroblastic breast disease and breast pain. It is used for the treatment of periodontitis -gum infection. It is used prevent endometritis in the patients undergoing cesarean delivery.
How does the drug work?
Povidone Iodine reduces the production of carcinogenic agents and prevents the formation of tumors. It plays a role in the metabolism of carbohydrates and proteins. It plays an important role in the formation of thyroid hormones and prevents thyroid disorders.
What are the common side effect?
The most common side effects are nausea and vomiting.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Which diet is a rich source of Iodine? Seafood is the rich source of iodine.
2. How much amount of salt intake helps to prevent the risk of iodine deficiency? A ¼ teaspoon of iodized table salt per day is required to reduce the risk of iodine deficiency.
3. Is iodine supplementation safe for newborn? Iodine is required for the newborns for normal functioning of the thyroid gland and development of brain. However, most of the daily iodine requirement for the newborns is achieved from the breast milk. However, consult your physician to know more.
4. How should I store iodine supplements? Iodine supplements should be stores at room temperature (25oC) away from direct sunlight and moisture.
5. Is iodine safe for pregnant and lactating females? Yes. Iodine is safe for pregnant and lactating females. However, consult your physician before taking the medication.