Pradaxa 150 Mg Capsule 10
Dabigatran is used in the treatment of deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism. It is also used to reduce the risk of stroke in patients with atrial fibrillation.
How does the drug work?
Dabigatran is a direct thrombin inhibitor. Dabigatran acts by inhibiting the formation of thrombus by inhibiting the action of thrombin. Thrombin is a serine protease that converts fibrinogen to fibrin during the coagulation cascade.
What are the common side effects ?
The common side effects associated with Dabigatran are nausea, vomiting, bleeding, belching, and indigestion.
Important Information for Safe Use
• Avoid using Pradaxa medication in case of bleeding disorders.
• Do not use any NSAIDs along with Pradaxa medication without consulting a doctor.
• Maintain caution while using Pradaxa medication in case of any kidney or liver diseases.
• Avoid Pradaxa medication if allergic to any of the ingredients present in the drug.
• Avoid using any vitamin or mineral supplements along with Pradaxa medication without consulting a doctor.
FAQs : Dabigatran
1. In which conditions Dabigatran is contraindicated? Dabigatran is contraindicated in case of valvular heart disease and in active bleeding disorders.
2. Can I stop Dabigatran without consulting a doctor? No. Do not stop using Dabigatran without consulting a doctor.
3. Can Dabigatran be used with aspirin? No. Do not use Dabigatran with aspirin, as these drugs cause severe side effects when used together.
4. Can Dabigatran be used in elderly patients? Yes. Dabigatran can be used in elder patient with caution when suggested by a doctor.
5. Can I drink alcohol while using Dabigatran? No. Do not drink alcohol while using Dabigatran, as alcohol may interfere with the effect of the drug.