Pranil Forte Tablet 10
Imipramine is as an active ingredient which is useful in relieving bed-wetting habit in children aged 6 years and above.
How does the drug work?
Imipramine belongs to the class of drugs called tricyclic antidepressant. It acts by inhibiting the chemicals in the brain which are produced excessively in people with depression.
What are the common side effect?
The common imipramine side effects are a lack of coordination, tingling sensation, weakness, dryness of mouth, constipation, diarrhea, vision disturbances, ringing in ears, swelling of the breast, decreased sex drive, impotence, or difficulty having an orgasm.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. In how many days will the symptoms of depression improve with imipramine? It may take nearly 3 weeks for the improvement of depression symptoms with the imipramine medicine.
2. Do I have to inform my surgeon about using the drug imipramine? Yes. You need to inform your surgeon that you are taking imipramine for your surgeon to decide if you should stop taking the drug for some time.
3. What are the symptoms of overdose with Depsonil tablets? The symptoms of overdose with Depsonil tablets include fast or irregular heart rate, extreme drowsiness, fainting, or convulsions. Consult a doctor immediately for help.
4. Is it safe to drink alcohol while using imipramine? Drinking alcohol while using the drug can lead to dangerous side effects or even death. Therefore, you must avoid it.
5. How should I protect myself from sunburn with imipramine? You may wear protective clothing and use sunscreen lotion with an SPF of 30 or more. Do not use tanning beds and avoid exposure to sunlight.
6. What is the dose of Depsonil medicine for depression in adults? The initial dose of Depsonil drug to treat depression in adults is 100 mg per day, taken through the mouth. The maintenance dose is 100-200 mg per day.