Prozex D 10/20 Mg Capsule 10
Domperidone uses include management of dyspepsia, and relief from nausea and vomiting. It is used for gastrointestinal emptying, heartburn, bloating, and belching. Omeprazole is used to treat signs and symptoms of conditions such as gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and gastric ulcers caused by Helicobacter pylori. These conditions occur due to increased acid production in the stomach.
How does the drug work?
Domperidone is a distinct blocker of dopamine receptors. Domperidone facilitates gastric emptying by increasing esophageal and gastric peristalsis. The antiemetic property is also related to dopamine receptor blocking activity, as domperidone has a high affinity for D2 and D3 dopamine receptors. These receptors are found in the chemoreceptor trigger zone usually present outside the blood-brain barrier that regulates nausea and vomiting. Omeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor. Proton pumps are present in the lining of the stomach, they produce acid during the digestion process. If there is an excess production of acid due to pathological reasons, ulcer formation or acid reflux may occur. Omeprazole reduces the excess acid production in the stomach by inhibiting the proton pumps.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects od domperidone are diarrhea, drowsiness, difficulty in speaking, irregular heartbeat, dizziness, and problems with breathing, breast pain, and breast tenderness. The common side effects of omeprazole are headache, diarrhea, nausea, flatulence, dry mouth, chills, cough, indigestion, dizziness, and loss of appetite.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
FAQs : Domperidone
1. Is domperidone a laxative? No, it does not have any property of laxative; it is a medication for treating bloating and abdominal discomfort.
2. What is the safe domperidone dosage for children? Children below 10 years are not prescribed domperidone capsules. Talk to the doctor to know about the safe doses for children.
3. How often can I take domperidone capsule? Take domperidone capsules as prescribed by your doctor. Take the drug 15-20 minute before the meals, and if needed take before going to bed.
4. Does domperidone affect blood pressure levels? The alterations of blood pressure levels are not reported, if you experience any changes in your blood pressure levels, consult your doctor immediately.
5. I am on antiviral drugs. Can I use domperidone capsule? No, domperidone should not be taken with antivirals as it can cause drug-drug interaction. Omeprazole
1. Are omeprazole and esomeprazole the same? Omeprazole and esomeprazole are two different drugs that belong to the same class “proton pump inhibitors” and have a similar mechanism of action.
2. Can I drink alcohol while taking omeprazole? Alcohol can worsen symptoms of acid reflux. So, it is good to avoid or limit alcohol intake for a quick recovery while using the drug neksium or omeprazole.
3. Can I buy omeprazole over-the-counter? Yes, omeprazole is available as an over-the-counter medication.
4. When to take omeprazole? Usually, omeprazole is taken one hour before the meals. It is swallowed as a whole with a glass of water.
5. Can I take ranitidine along with omeprazole? No evidence of significant drug interactions between ranitidine and omeprazole. However, you should consult your doctor before using the two drugs.