Raban Dsr 30/20 Mg Capsule 10
Domperidone uses include management of dyspepsia and relief from nausea and vomiting. It is used for reducing heartburn, bloating, and belching. Rabeprazole reduces the secretion of stomach acid and is used in the treatment of ulcers of the stomach and intestine. The drug is effective in the treatment of H.pylori infection of the stomach or intestine. The other uses of rabeprazole include short-term treatment of heartburn associated with gastroesophageal reflex disease, healing of acid damaged esophagus and it also can be given in combination with antibiotics to prevent ulcers caused by H.pylori.
How does the drug work?
Domperidone is a distinct blocker of dopamine receptors which has a high affinity for D2 and D3 dopamine receptors. These receptors are found in the chemoreceptor trigger zone usually present outside the blood-brain barrier that regulates nausea and vomiting. Domperidone facilitates gastric emptying by increasing the esophageal and gastric peristalsis. Rabeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor which blocks the excess acid secreted by the cells present in the stomach wall.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects are diarrhea, drowsiness, difficulty in speaking, irregular heartbeat, dizziness, problems with breathing, breast pain, and breast tenderness. The common side effects of rabeprazole are headache, sore throat, diarrhea, constipation, stomach pain, gas, nausea, and vomiting. The other less common but serious side effects include severe and serious allergic reactions, life-threatening skin diseases, skeletal muscle breakdown, and inflammation of the cells of the kidneys.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
FAQs : Domperidone
1. Is domperidone a laxative? No, domperidone does not have any laxative properties. It is a medication for treating bloating and abdominal discomfort.
2. What is the safe dosage of domperidone for children? Children below 10 years are not prescribed domperidone tablets. Talk to the doctor to know about the safe doses for children.
3. Does domperidone affect blood pressure levels? No. But If you experience any changes in your blood pressure, consult your doctor immediately.
4. I am on antiviral drugs. Can I use domperidone tablet? No, domperidone should not be taken with antivirals as it can cause drug-drug interaction leading to unwanted effects.
5. What should I do if I miss taking a dose of domperidone? If you miss a dose of domperidone and if it is almost time for the next dose, then you must skip the forgotten dose and take the next dose to avoid doubling of dose. Rabeprazole
1. Does rabeprazole causes weight gain? Yes, rabeprazole may cause weight gain.
2. I am on antiviral drugs. Can I take rabeprazole? No, do not take rabeprazole along with antiviral drugs.
3. I have a family history of osteoporosis. Can I take rabeprazole medication? No, patients having a family history of osteoporosis should not take rabeprazole drug.
4. Can I take rabeprazole along with diuretics? No, concomitant use of rabeprazole with diuretics are not recommended.
5. Can I take antacids along with rabeprazole? Yes, you can take antacids along with rabeprazole tablets if suggested by the doctor.