Rabefine Fast 20 Mg Tablet 10
Rabeprazole is used to treat symptoms of gastrointestinal reflux, acidity, and stomach and intestinal ulcers. It also used to treat symptoms of Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome (excess acid production).
How does the drug work?
Rabeprazole is a proton pump inhibitor that acts by inhibiting H+, K+ ATPase present at the surface of the gastric parietal cell. Rabeprazole is protonated, accumulated and is transformed to an active sulfonamide that blocks the gastric acid secretion.
What are the common side effect?
The common rabeprazole side effects are cough, dark urine, belching, constipation, flatulence, dry mouth, light-colored stools, fever, chills, painful and difficult urination, yellowness of skin, and back pain.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Does rabeprazole causes weight gain? Yes, rabeprazole may cause weight gain.
2. I am on antiviral drugs. Can I take rabeprazole? No, do not take rabeprazole along with antiviral drugs.
3. I have a family history of osteoporosis. Can I take rabeprazole medication? No, patients having a family history of osteoporosis should not take rabeprazole drug.
4. Can I take rabeprazole along with diuretics? No, concomitant use of rabeprazole with diuretics are not recommended.
5. Can I take antacids along with rabeprazole? Yes, you can take antacids along with rabeprazole tablets if suggested by the doctor.