Restek Plus Tablet 10
Risperidone is an antipsychotic agent. It is given as a part of treatment for schizophrenia and bipolar disorders. In children, it is given to treat irritability.
How does the drug work?
Risperidone works by balancing the chemical substances in the brain which are responsible for the changes in behavior.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of risperidone are dizziness, sleepiness, headache, agitation, anxiety, depressed mood, uncontrolled muscle movements, stomach upset, dry mouth, constipation and weight gain.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Can I give risperidone to my child who gets frequently irritated? You must consult a doctor before giving risperidone to your child.
2. Can a dementia patient use risperidone? No. Risperidone is not safe for use in patients with dementia. It increases the risk of deaths, especially in older adults.
3. How to protect from the extremities in temperature while on risperidone medication? Drink adequate water during summers and avoid extreme temperatures to protect yourself from the extremities in temperature.
4. Can I take risperidone while using furosemide? No. Do not take risperidone while using furosemide, because it is highly fatal.
5. Is risperidone an addictive drug? No. Risperidone does not cause addiction. However, do not self-medicate as it can increase the risk of dependence.