Rootz M (Protech) Lotion 60 Ml
Minoxidil topical solution is used for the treatment of male pattern hereditary hair loss (alopecia androgenetica) in both men and women. Minoxidil tablets are also used to treat severe hypertension.
How does the drug work?
Minoxidil belongs to the class of drugs known as vasodilators. It acts by stimulating the hair growth in early and moderate stages of hair loss. The drug minoxidil increases the diameter of the hair shaft, prolongs the growth phase of the hair follicle and enhances blood flow to hair follicles thereby stimulating the growth.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of minoxidil include abnormal hair growth on face and body, increased hair growth, headache, and skin rash.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Does minoxidil topical solution cause acne? Yes, minoxidil topical solution may cause acne. If you notice any such side-effects consult your doctor.
2. Is minoxidil solution effective for frontal baldness? Minoxidil is effective in frontal baldness as it is a type of hereditary hair loss.
3. Does minoxidil solution stimulate the hair growth of the beard? Minoxidil solution is used only on the scalp for hair growth in patients with hair loss. Patients should follow the advice of the doctor regarding its use for the beard.
4. Is minoxidil a steroid? No, minoxidil is a vasodilator, not a steroid.
5. My 16-year-old child is experiencing hair loss due to unknown reason can I use minoxidil for the hair regrowth? No. Adolescents under 18 years old should not use minoxidil solution. Consult your doctor to known the reason for the hair loss.