Rtsun 100 Mg Injection 2 Ml
Artesunate is used to treat symptoms of falciparum malaria caused by the Plasmodium falciparum parasite, especially in qunidine resistant patients.
How does the drug work?
Artesunate is an anti malarial agent. It is a prodrug that is converted into its active form dihydrotemisinin. It inhibits the protein synthesis of malaria cell by alkylation, as a result glutathione in the parasite is reduces which damages the cell.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of artesunate are cough, dizziness, ECG changes, fever, headache, injection site pain, itching, and upper respiratory tract infection, loss of appetite, nausea, weakness, and diarrhea.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. I have ECG abnormalities. Is artesunate drug safe for me? No, patients with ECG abnormalities should not take artesunate for malaria.
2. What is the recommended dose for artesunate drug? The artesunate dose for adults is 150mg once a day for three consecutive days.
3. Can quinine and artesunate be used together to treat malaria? Yes, generally artesunate is given along with quinine drugs to treat malaria and other kinds of fever.
4. How often should I have blood tests while using artesunate drug? Patients should have blood test once a week for a month for presence of malaria parasites.
5. I am suffering from pneumonia and malaria. Can I take artesunate for malaria fever? No, do not take the drug for pneumonia as it may increase the side effects of artesunate.