Salisis Ointment 15 Gm
Salicylic acid is given for the treatment of pimples, i.e. acne.
How does the drug work?
Salicylic acid reduces the redness and swelling, resulting in the shrinkage of the pimples. It softens and loosens the dry and scaly skin which gets easily peeled off.
What are the common side effect?
The side effects which are common with salicylic acid are skin itching, irritation, burning sensation, ringing in the ears, diarrhea, dizziness and headache.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Does salicylic acid treat dandruff? Yes. Salicylic acid is used in the treatment of dandruff.
2. Can I use salicylic acid for treating warts on the face? No. Salicylic acid should not be used for treating warts on the face
3. Can I apply salicylic acid to my child? Ask a doctor before using salicylic acid in children.
4. What is the dose of salicylic acid? Use the exact dose as prescribed by your physician which depends on the individual.
5. Should I cover the skin after applying the salicylic acid? No. Do not cover the skin immediately after applying the salicylic acid.