Salsone Cream 5 Gm
Mometasone is used to treat inflammation that occurs due to skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, dermatitis, and other allergic reactions.
How does the drug work?
Mometasone is a topical corticosteroid and anti-inflammatory agent. It blocks the release of inflammatory mediators thus alleviating the inflammatory symptoms such as swelling, itching, and rash.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of mometasone are skin irritation at the site of application, discoloration of the skin, thinning of the skin, and folliculitis.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Can I use mometasone for a long term? Prolonged use of mometasone makes the skin raw or broken and you may also observe skin folds.
2. Can I use mometasone for ringworm infections? No. Mometasone is not indicated for fungal skin infections. It is only used to treat the symptoms of inflammation.
3. Is mometasone lotion available over-the-counter? No. mometasone is available with a prescription.
4. Can I use mometasone on the face? Do not use mometasone medication on broken skin and open wounds. Use with a doctor’s advice on the face, underarms, and groin.
5. Does mometasone cause pigmentation? Mometasone can lighten skin. However, use it with a doctor’s advice for pigmentation problems.