Seachem 500 Mg /250Iu Tablet 15
Vitamin D3 is indicated for the treatment of vitamin D deficiency, bone disorders such as rickets, osteoporosis, osteomalacia, treatment of hypoparathyroidism, and other conditions where vitamin D3 is deficient which include celiac disease, Crohn’s disease, and liver problems. Calcium carbonate is a dietary calcium supplement which is used for the treatment of hypocalcemia or low blood calcium levels. It is also used to treat osteoporosis, heartburn, indigestion, and hyperphosphatemia in patients with chronic renal failure.
How does the drug work?
Vitamin D3 or cholecalciferol is a steroid hormone that regulates calcium and phosphorus absorption, bone mineralization, and vitamin A assimilation. In the body, vitamin D3 is converted into its active form calcitriol. Calcium carbonate supplements calcium in the diet. It also prevents absorption of phosphate from the gastrointestinal tract in people with kidney disease. Magnesium is a mineral element which is essential for normal bone structure. It is also required for the maintenance of muscles and nerves. Magnesium in its salt form acts as a base in neutralizing the excess stomach acid.
What are the common side effect?
. The vitamin D3 side effects include loss of appetite, increased urination, increased thirst, mental/mood changes, muscle weakness, constipation, and unusual tiredness. The common side effects of calcium carbonate are constipation, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, flatulence, indigestion, increased thirst, and abdominal pain.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is it safe to use Vitamin D3 during pregnancy? If the benefits outweigh the potential risks, vitamin D3 can be used in pregnancy. Before taking the drug, you must consult your doctor.
2. Is it safe to drive while on vitamin D3 medication? If you experience dizziness, or headache as the side effect of the drug, it may not be safe to drive. So, check how you react to the drug before driving.
3. Can I stop taking the drug immediately or do I need to taper it? Certain medications require tapering of the dose or frequency and may cause rebound effects if stopped immediately. You must seek the medical advice before stopping the medication.
4. Can cholecalciferol be used for the treatment of osteoporosis and rickets? Yes. Cholecalciferol is considered as best vitamin D3 supplement for treating the bone disorders such as osteoporosis and rickets. Do not use the drug without consulting your physician.
5. What are the signs and symptoms of overdose with cholecalciferol? The signs and symptoms of vitamin D3 overdose are weakness, metallic taste in your mouth, nausea, frequent urination, and vomiting. Seek medical care if you experience any of the above symptoms.
1. Is calcium carbonate good for health? Calcium carbonate is a dietary calcium supplement and can be used to treat low blood levels of calcium.
2. Is calcium carbonate used to treat osteoporosis? Osteoporosis occurs due to low calcium levels. Calcium carbonate, a calcium supplement, can help in treating and preventing osteoporosis.
3. Can calcium carbonate be taken with milk? Yes. Consuming foods fortified with vitamin D can enhance calcium absorption. So, you can consume milk, egg yolks, or fish along with the use of calcium carbonate.
4. Can calcium carbonate be taken with food? It is preferable to take calcium carbonate after a meal as the acid produced in the stomach during digestion can help in calcium absorption.
5. Is calcium carbonate safe during pregnancy? Calcium carbonate can be used safely during pregnancy as a calcium supplement. However, it is recommended to consult a doctor before taking the medication.