Seacod 300 Mg Capsule 10
Cod liver oil is obtained from cod fish. It is a nutritional supplement that contains high concentrations of vitamin A, vitamin D, and omega-3 fatty acids. The sea cod capsules USES include treating high cholesterol levels and providing the antioxidant effect. It also improves the immune system, bone health, heart function, brain function, and vision.
How does the drug work?
Cod liver oil is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids. These fatty acids reduce the blood cholesterol levels and fights inflammation. Retinol, a form of vitamin A improves vision and retinoic acid, oxidized form of vitamin A keeps skin and cells healthy. Vitamin D is metabolized into biologically active form calcitriol in the body that helps in maintaining bone healthy and improving immune system.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of sea cod are belching, heartburn, hypotension, and nose bleeding. Hypervitaminosis A is a potential side effect of cod liver oil that can be seen due to overdoses.
Important Info Take sea cod capsules dosage as directed by your physician. Don’t take sea cod capsules if there is a previous allergy to fish. It is recommended to consult a doctor before taking cod liver oil during pregnancy. Individuals using antihypertensive medications and anticoagulants may require dose adjustments.
1. Is cod liver oil safe? Yes. Cod liver oil is taken as a dietary supplement and is safe if taken in recommended doses. It is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids, vitamin A, and vitamin D. It helps in maintaining heart health, brain health, and immune function. However, consult a doctor before taking cod liver oil as a supplement.
2. Is cod liver oil good for hair and skin? The nutrients present in the cod liver oil provide nutrition for the hair follicles and prevent hair fall. It also helps in preventing acne, pimples, dry and scaly skin.
3. Can you overdose on cod liver oil if required? No. Overdose of cod liver oil can lead to side effects such as hypervitaminosis A, excessive bleeding, and an increase in blood pressure.
4. Is cod liver oil safe during pregnancy? No. Cod liver oil contains vitamin A (retinol). High doses of vitamin A can harm the fetus. However, it is recommended to discuss with your doctor regarding the use of supplements containing vitamin A.
5. How much cod liver oil is safe? 500 milligrams per day is considered as a safe therapeutic dose for individuals who do not have omega-3 in any other form or who don’t eat foods rich in omega 3 fatty acids. However, the dose may vary for each individual depending on their physical condition.