Shitol 200 Mg Tablet 10
Carbamazepine is used to treat alcohol withdrawal, bipolar disorder, neurogenic pain and psychotic disorders.
How does the drug work?
Carbamazepine acts by blocking sodium channels. Pain relief is obtained when carbamazepine blocks synaptic transmission in trigeminal nucleus, it also blocks the release of norepinephrine and shows antidepressant action.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects associated with carbamazepine includes nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, drowsiness, dizziness and tiredness.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Can I take budesonide with carbamazepine? No. budesonide makes carbamazepine less effective. Therefore avoid concomitant use of both the drugs. Talk to the doctor for further advice.
2. Can I drive after taking carbamazepine? Do not drive after taking carbamazepine because this tablet reduces alertness, causes blurred vision, and dizziness.
3. Can I stop using carbamazepine without consulting a doctor? No, you should not stop using carbamazepine without consulting a doctor.
4. Is carbamazepine recommended in bone marrow suppressed patients? No, carbamazepine is not recommended in bone marrow suppressed patients.
5. Can carbamazepine be used along with MAO inhibitors? No, carbamazepine should not be used with MAO inhibitors, and should be avoided for at least 15 days after taking MAO inhibitors.
6. Is carbamazepine recommended during breast feeding? No, avoid carbamazepine during breast feeding, as this drug pass into the milk and harm the health of the baby.