Sitelol Am 50/5 Mg Tablet 10
Metoprolol uses include treatment of hypertension, chest pain relief (i.e. angina), and irregular heartbeat. It is also used for reducing the risk of death in patients with heart attack. Amlodipine is used in the treatment of hypertension, chest pain (i.e. angina) and other conditions in which the artery of the heart gets narrowed. It is also used for the prevention of heart disorders.
How does the drug work?
Metoprolol is a beta-blocker which reduces the workload of the heart, reducing the chest pain. It reduces the amount of blood pumped by the heart, thus, lowering the blood pressure. Amlodipine belongs to a class of drugs called the calcium channel blockers. The mechanism of action of amlodipine is to dilate the blood vessels, thereby, improving the blood flow through them.
What are the common side effect?
The side effects of metoprolol which are commonly experienced by the patients are constipation or diarrhea, dizziness, dry mouth, gas, headache, heartburn, muscle pain, vomiting, nausea, stomach pain, trouble sleeping, unusual tiredness or weakness. The common side effects of amlodipine tablets are dizziness, tiredness, flushing, stomach pain, and nausea.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Can I stop taking amlodipine tablets if I do not have symptoms of hypertension? You may not always have the symptoms even if your blood pressure is high. Thus, you should not stop taking amlodipine but may have to continue it for your whole life.
2. Can amlodipine alone control my hypertension? Amlodipine is a part of treatment for hypertension. You should also follow a proper diet, exercise and maintain your weight along with taking this drug.
3. How should I take amlodipine? You may take amlodipine with or without food, and with a glass of water. Take the medicine at the same time each day.
4. Will my chest pain decrease immediately when I take amlodipine? Your chest pain can increase at first with amlodipine. But later it should decrease which if does not happen, you should consult a doctor.
5. How can I avoid dizziness with amlodipine? You should change your positions (i.e. sitting or standing or lying down) slowly to prevent dizziness and falls. Metoprolol
1. How should I store metoprolol tablets? Store the tablets at room temperature, away from heat, moisture and children.
2. Can I suggest metoprolol tablets to any other persons who are having chest pain? You should never prescribe any medicine to others. A doctor will decide the right drug and dosage for his/her patient.
3. Should I stop taking metoprolol if I feel tired for several days with the drug? It is common to feel tired for few weeks with metoprolol. But you should still continue taking the drug. Talk to your doctor if you develop any other symptoms.
4. What should I do if I have overdose of metoprolol? You may experience symptoms such as shortness of breath, or slow breath, fainting and weakness if you have an overdose of the drug. You should immediately contact a doctor for help.
5. How can I avoid dizziness with metoprolol? You should change your positions (i.e. sitting or standing or lying down) slowly to prevent dizziness and falls. In the case you feel dizzy, immediately sit down slowly.