Sputolite Syrup 60 Ml
Guaifenesin is used to treat symptoms associated with common cold, flu, and breathing problems, such as coughing and chest congestion. It is also used to thin and loosen mucus in the lungs to facilitate expectoration.
How does the drug work?
Guaifenesin is an expectorant that increases the output of phlegm and bronchial secretions by reducing the thickness of mucus and adhesiveness. The increased flow of viscous secretions facilitates ciliary action and changes an unproductive and dry cough to the productive and less frequent cough. Guaifenesin increases the efficacy of the mucociliary mechanism and helps remove accumulated secretions in the airway.
What are the common side effect?
The common reported side effects of guaifenesin are itching, rashes, hives, stomach pain, diarrhea, nausea, and vomiting.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. I am suffering from hypertension. Can I take guaifenesin? Patients suffering from hypertension should not take guaifenesin.
2. Can I take guaifenesin with NSAIDs? There are no known drug-drug interactions for NSAIDs and guaifenesin. However, consult the doctor before taking the drug.
3. Is guaifenesin safe for children? Children younger than 4 years should not take guaifenesin tablet.
4. How should I take guaifenesin drug? Use guaifenesin exactly as suggested by the doctor. Do not take larger or smaller doses or for longer period than recommended.
5. Can I consume alcohol while on guaifenesin? Limit the consumption of alcohol, as it may increase the risk of drowsiness.