Stalia A 40/10 Mg Tablet 10
Telmisartan is used to treat hypertension. It helps to prevent and control heart attack and stroke. This drug is also used to treat the signs and symptoms associated with kidney diseases. Atorvastatin is used to reduce high cholesterol levels in the body and to lower stroke and heart attacks. It is also used to treat heart complications in patients suffering from type 2 diabetes. Additionally, atorvastatin is used to lower bad cholesterol in the body.
How does the drug work?
Telmisartan is an angiotensin II receptor blocker that interferes with the binding activity of angiotensin II to its receptor. This causes relaxation of the muscles and allows easy flow of blood in the vessels, thus, lowering the blood pressure levels. Atorvastatin is an HMG-CoA reductase which is responsible for converting this enzyme into mevalonate in the cholesterol biosynthesis pathway. This results in the subsequent decrease of hepatic cholesterol levels and increases hepatic uptake of LDL-C concentrations.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of telmisartan are abdominal bloating, hypotension, itching, high potassium levels, fast heartbeat, change in vision, and large hives. The most common side effects of atorvastatin are heartburn, joint pain, confusion, diarrhea, indigestion, confusion, joint pain, fatigue, and weakness.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. I am on ramipril. Can I use telmisartan? No, telmisartan is not recommended for concomitant use with ramipril.
2. Is telmisartan safe with diuretics? No, telmisartan should not be taken while using diuretics due to the risk of increase in the frequency of urination.
3. How long should I use telmisartan? Telmisartan should be continued even after you feel well. Do not miss the dose. Take a doctor’s advice.
4. I am suffering from angioedema while using telmisartan. Can I stop using the drug? Angioedema is a serious side effect of telmisartan. Therefore, you must stop taking telmisartan drug and immediately consult a doctor.
5. Can I perform vigorous exercises while taking telmisartan? No, telmisartan causes tiredness and dizziness. Follow the instructions of the health care professionals carefully while doing the workouts. Atorvastatin
1. Can I use atorvastatin during pregnancy? No, it is unsafe to use atorvastatin during pregnancy. Ask your doctor for the drug appropriate for you.
2. What are the diet instructions I should follow while taking atorvastatin? Avoid eating foods that are high in fat or cholesterol. Take fiber rich food.
3. Does atorvastatin cause liver damage? Yes, atorvastatin, when taken with alcohol, may damage the functioning of the liver.
4. Can I give atorvastatin to my 10-year-old child? Atorvastatin is not recommended for the younger children. Consult the doctor before giving the medicine.
5. I am experiencing low blood pressure levels with atorvastatin. Should I stop the medicine? Yes, stop using atorvastatin and report the doctor immediately.