Tarabin 80 Mg Injection 2 Ml
Tobramycin is used to treat bacterial infections of the eye such as corneal ulcers, conjunctivitis, and meibomianitis. It also treats wounds, ulcers, and skin grafts.
How does the drug work?
Tobramycin belongs to the class of aminoglycoside antibiotics. It binds to the ribosomal subunits of the bacterial cell and inhibits protein synthesis which is essential for the growth of the bacterial cell.
What are the common side effect?
The most common side effects of tobramycin include sensitization or allergic reactions which may cause skin redness, swelling or rash, irritation, burning and hearing difficulty.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. What if I overdose? An overdose of tobramycin may cause drooping eyelids, increased production of liver enzyme, skin redness, numbness, ear damage etc.
2. I am experiencing ringing in ears while using tobramycin. Should I stop using it? Yes, tobramycin causes ringing in ears (tinnitus) which is one of the symptoms of ear damage. Report it to the doctor immediately.
3. Can I use tobramycin for pimples on face? Do not use tobramycin cream for face unless advised by the physician as it may damage the skin.
4. Can I use tobramycin for the treatment of itchy skin rash? tobramycin is used for treating skin problems but consult your doctor before using the cream.
5. What should I do if I forget a dose? Take the drug as soon as you remember, apply the missed dose. If it is almost time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and continue with regular dosing. Avoid applying double dose to make up for a missed dose.