Telcef 1000 Mg Injection 1
Ceftriaxone is used to treat bacterial infections. It is also used to treat symptoms of meningitis. Additionally, ceftriaxone is used to infections of heart (bacterial endocarditis) during surgery.
How does the drug work?
Ceftriaxone belongs to the class of cephalosporin antibiotics. It is a bactericidal agent that acts by inhibiting the bacterial cell wall synthesis, thereby preventing bacterial infection.
What are the common side effect?
The most common reported side effects of ceftriaxone are allergy, flushing, injection site burning and pain, chest pain, dizziness, skin rash, headache, heartburn, black and bloody stools, and bloating.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. I am scheduled for a dental surgery. Can I take ceftriaxone? Yes. You can take ceftriaxone before the dental surgery to avoid bacterial infections.
2. Is ceftriaxone safe for the patients with heart conditions? Yes. Ceftriaxone is safe to treat bacterial infections in the patients with heart conditions such as artificial heart valves, and bacterial endocarditis
3. I experience diarrhea while using ceftriaxone. Should I stop using the drug? Diarrhea is the common side effect of ceftriaxone medicine. Report it to the doctor before the side effect worsens.
4. What drugs should I avoid while taking ceftriaxone? Patients should avoid warfarin (anticoagulants), gentamicin (aminoglycoside), cyclosporine or heparin while taking ceftriaxone medicine as they may have drug-drug interaction
5. Can I take BCG injection (TB vaccine) while taking ceftriaxone injection? No, live vaccines such as BCG or typhoid may decrease the effectiveness of ceftriaxone injection.