Tenelnat M Tablet 10
Metformin hydrochloride helps to reduce blood sugar levels. It is mainly prescribed for the management of type 2 diabetes. It helps to prevent kidney damage, blindness, and nerve disorders in the diabetic patients. It is also prescribed for the treatment of polycystic ovarian syndrome. Teneligliptin is an active ingredient and is used alone in the treatment of diabetes. When taken with proper diet and exercise, teneligliptin helps to control the blood sugar levels in type 2 diabetic patients.
How does the drug work?
Metformin is an antihyperglycemic agent which is mainly used to treat hyperglycemia. It reduces blood glucose levels by decreasing the glucose absorption from the gastrointestinal tract, improves the insulin sensitivity by increasing the uptake of glucose into muscle, and inhibits biosynthesis of glucose from amino acids. Teneligliptine is an anti-diabetic medicine which belongs to the class of drugs called dipeptidyl peptidase 4 (DPP-4) inhibitors. It acts by stimulating the secretion of insulin from the pancreas, increasing its levels in the body, thereby, controlling the sugar levels.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects reported for metformin are acidity, bleching, bloating, heart burn, loss of appetite, metallic taste in mouth, vomiting, weight loss, and stomach pain. In rare cases, patients have reported to have abnormal stools, joint pain, flu-like symptoms, runny nose, sneezing, swollen joints and discoloration of finger nails or toe nails. The common side effects of teneligliptin include constipation, dry skin, itching, eczema, fatigue, increased uric acid level in blood, running nose, stomach ulcer, and intestinal ulcers.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. What should I do if I miss a dose? If you forget to take the medication at the usual time, you must take it as soon as you remember. If it is time for the next dose, you must skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose.
2. Are there any storage precautions for metformin? Store the medication at room temperature (25°C) and away from direct heat. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
3. Should I take vitamin B12 supplements with metformin? Long-term use of metfromin may cause vitamin B12 deficiency in few patients. You should consult your doctor and discuss about it. Do not take vitamin B12 supplements without your physician’s prescription.
4. Is metformin effective for the type 1 diabetes? No. Metfromin is not effective for the treatment of type 1 or juvenile diabetes
5. Can I take any other medications along with metformin? You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications. Teneligliptina
1. Is teneligliptina habit forming drug? No. Your body does not develop dependence to teneligliptina. However, never self-medicate without a doctor’s advice as it may increase the risk of dependence to the drug.
2. Can I suddenly stop taking teneligliptina? Some medicines can be stopped suddenly while others need tapering of the dose. Therefore, consult a doctor to get clarified.
3. What is the dose of teneligliptin for diabetes in adults? The usual dose of teneligliptin for type 2 diabetes in adults is 20 mg, taken orally per day. This may be increased to 40 mg per day later. Consult your doctor to know the dose appropriate for you.
4. I am a kidney patient taking teneligliptin. Do I need any extra care? Yes. You should monitor your blood pressure and kidney function more frequently than others while taking teneligliptin.
5. What if I miss a dose of teneligliptin? You may take the missed dose immediately as you remember unless it is time for the next dose in which case you must skip the missed dose and continue with the following dose at its scheduled time.