Theosal Pd Syrup 100 Ml
Bromhexineis used to treat breathing difficulties due to excessive mucus in the air passages associated with respiratory tract infections.
How does the drug work?
Bromhexine is classified under a group of medications known as expectorants or mucolytic agents. Bromhexine acts by thinning the mucus which facilitates expectoration and relieves cough.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of bromhexine include irritation in the ear, allergic skin rash, headache, and dizziness.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is bromhexine an antihistamine? No, bromhexine is not an antihistamine, it is a mucolytic.
2. I am experiencing irritation in the ear after taking Tuspel plus syrup, shall I stop the medication? Irritation in the ear is a common side effect of bromhexine, which weans off over time. If this irritation persists or worsens, consult your doctor.
3. Is it safe to take alcohol while on Tuspel plus medication? No. It may worsen your side effects if taken with Tuspel plus.
4. Is bromhexine safe during pregnancy? Yes. Bromhexine is safe during pregnancy. However, consult your doctor before taking the medication.
5. What if I missed a dose of bromhexine? Bromhexine is usually taken when needed, so even if you miss a dose it may not cause any harm.