Tiova 18 Y Multihaler 30 Dose
Tiotropium is used to treat breathlessness in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, asthma, bronchitis, and emphysema. It also clears wheezing and improves shortness of breath.
How does the drug work?
Tiotropium belongs to the class of anticholinergics. Tiotropium is a long-acting antimuscarinic agent, it acts on M3 muscarinic receptors of smooth muscles of lungs, this, in turn, caUSES relaxation of smooth muscles and produces the bronchodilatory effect.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of tiotropium are muscle pain, dry mouth, an alkaline taste in mouth, indigestion, constipation, stomach pain, vomiting, nose bleeding, and sweating.
• Individuals allergic to tiotropium or its ingredients should not take Tiova drug.
• Do not take other anticholinergics while on Tiova drug, as it impact the efficacy of the drug.
• Patients with severe allergic conditions such as rashes, hives, difficulty in breathing, and dizziness should not use Tiova medication unless prescribed.
• Individuals with kidney related problems such as bladder blockage, enlarged prostate, and glaucoma should take the Tiova drug after talking to the doctor.
• Use Tiova inhaler at regular period of time to avail the most benefits of the drug.
1. Is tiotropium safe during pregnancy? No, tiotropium is unsafe during pregnancy.
2. Does tiotropium drug increase calcium levels in the body? Yes, tiotropium increases calcium levels in the body.
3. I am 65-years-old. Can I take Tiova drug? tiotropium drug is used with caution in the elderly patients and taken under medical guidance.
4. Does tiotropium affect the eyes? Prevent tiotropium from getting into the eyes, as it may cause blurred vision or other vision problems.
5. What are the storage conditions of tiotropium medicine? tiotropium medicine is stored under 250C in a cool and dry place.