Tmatecad 25 Mg Tablet 10
Topiramate is used for the prevention and treatment of seizures in adults and children. It is used alone or in combination with other drugs. Medication topiramate is also used for the prevention of migraine headaches. Other topiramate uses are treatment of mania and Lennox-Gastaut syndrome.
How does the drug work?
Topiramate is an antiepileptic drug. It works by reducing the excessive and abnormal electric impulses in the brain that leads to involuntary muscle contractions. Thus, topiramate prevents and treats seizure by stabilizing the neuronal activity in the brain. It is unclear how topiramate prevents migraine, but it does reduce the frequency and severity of the attacks.
What are the common side effect?
The topiramate side effects include inflammation of the nose and throat, dizziness, drowsiness, fatigue, feeling sick, diarrhea, weight loss, depression, decreased appetite, difficulty sleeping, dry mouth, altered sense of taste, formation of kidney stones, and visual disturbances.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Can the drug be used with oral contraceptives? No. Topiramate may affect the action of oral contraceptives. Consult your doctor for an alternative birth control measure.
2. How is topiramate dosed for epilepsy? Your doctor will prescribe a low dose initially and then increases the topiramate dosage gradually until you reach the dosage that is effective.
3. Is topiramate drug used to treat migraine headache? No. Topiramate can only prevent the number of migraine attacks but do not treat the condition once it occurs. Consult your doctor before taking the drug.
4. What if I become pregnant while taking Topirol? Topaz may affect the development of your fetus. Therefore, consult your doctor immediately if you become pregnant while on Topirol therapy.
5. Is it required to wean off Topirol? Yes. If you stop taking the drug suddenly, it may lead to recurrence of seizures. So you must consult your physician before stopping the drug.