Tolmex 100 Mg Tablet 10
Tolperisone is used to treat muscle related problems such as muscle spasticity, stiffness and rigidity of muscles, muscular contraction associated with multiple sclerosis, and myelopathy. Additionally, it is used as an analgesic.
How does the drug work?
Tolperisone is a muscle relaxant. Tolperisone acts by blocking voltage-gated sodium and calcium channels at the reticular formation of the central nervous system. Inhibition of sodium and calcium influx facilitates the muscles to relax.
What are the common side effect?
The commonly reported side effects of tolperisone are swelling of eyes and lips, hypotension, skin rashes, hives, redness of the skin, itching, shortness of breath, muscle weakness, and headache.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. What are the effects of Tolperisone overdose? Ingestion of high doses of Tolperisone may cause excitability and may become fatal in some cases.
2. I am experiencing flatulence while I am on tolperisone. Can I stop using it? Flatulence is the side effect of tolperisone. Report to the doctor if the side effect worsens.
3. I am hypersensitive to lidocaine. Can I take Tolperisone? No, you may be sensitive to Tolperisone too.
4. How to take tolperisone medicine? Tolperisone medicine should be taken after food with a glass full of water.
5. Is tolperisone safe for children? Discuss with the doctor about the risks and benefits of the tolperisone in children.