Topcort 0.10 % Ointment 15 Gm
Mometasone is used to treat skin and eye disorders, and allergic reactions or disorders.
How does the drug work?
Mometasone is a corticosteroid drug which inhibits the release of inflammation-causing mediators. Thus, it relieves swelling, itching and inflammation.
What are the common side effect?
The side effects which are common with mometasone are speech difficulty, headache, burning, itching or tingling sensation, and sore throat.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Can I use mometasone for fungal skin infection? No. Mometasone is not for treating bacterial or viral or fungal infections of the skin.
2. Is mometasone similar to hydrocortisone? Mometasone and hydrocortisone are both steroids but are different drugs.
3. Can I use mometasone to treat acne? No. Acne is a bacterial infection of the skin which cannot be treated with mometasone. Ask your doctor for a right drug for your condition.
4. Does mometasone treat darkness of the infected skin? Yes. Mometasone can lighten the skin which has turned dark due to infections.
5. How to use mometasone topical? Apply a thin layer of the mometasone topical on the affected area, once daily.