Traklot 500 Mg Tablet 6
Paracetamol is used to reduce fever, pain, and inflammation. Paracetamol is used in the treatment of feverish cold and for headache relief. The drug is known to be beneficial in treating conditions such as muscle aches, arthritis, backache, etc. Tramadol is a painkiller which is used in the treatment of acute pain and moderate to severe pain. It is prescribed mainly during treatment for surgery related pain and treatment for moderate dental pain.
How does the drug work?
A well-defined mechanism of action for paracetamol is still not known. The proposed mechanism of action involves inhibition of cyclooxygenase enzyme that prevents the metabolism of arachidonic acid in prostaglandin H2 which brings about pain relief, inflammation and fever. Tramadol belongs to a class of drugs known as opiate or narcotic analgesics. It acts on the certain areas of the brain and the nervous system by blocking the effect of chemicals such as serotonin, nor-epinephrine that causes pain. Therefore, it is the commonly prescribed drug for acute pain management.
What are the common side effect?
Common side effects observed are an allergic reaction which involves swelling or rash, hives, runny nose, difficulty breathing, and itching. Other side effects include constipation, sleeplessness, and agitation. It also causes lowering of blood pressure, yellowing of the skin, sores, and ulcers in some patients. The common side effects of the drug include nausea and vomiting, constipation or diarrhea, itching, tremors, increased sweating, agitation, anxiety, and hallucinations.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is paracetamol a medicine for toothache? Yes. Paracetamol reduces mild to moderate tooth pain.
2. Can an alcoholic use paracetamol? Before taking paracetamol, seek your doctor’s advice if you are an alcoholic, or if you have any reported problems of liver diseases. This is because paracetamol can worsen an existing liver condition.
3. Which drugs should I avoid while using paracetamol? Do not use any other OTC drugs related to cough or cold. Paracetamol is used as a combination drug in many medicines. Read the leaflet thoroughly before administrating any other drug as it may contain paracetamol, which can cause an overdose.
4. How much is considered as an overdose of paracetamol? Paracetamol of 500mg tablets can be taken not more than 8 per day. About 25-30 tablets, when taken at a single time, may cause overdose and even death.
5. How can I identify if I have an overdose of paracetamol? If you identify adverse symptoms such as diarrhea, loss of appetite, nausea and vomiting, stomach cramps or pain, then you might have taken an overdose of the drug. Tramadol
1. Is tramadol different from diclofenac? Yes, tramadol belongs to the class opiate (narcotic) analgesics where as diclofenac belongs to the class NSAIDs.
2. Is tramadol banned in India? No, tramadol is available in India as a prescription drug.
3. Is tramadol safe? Tramadol and paracetamol are relatively safe drugs if used in prescribed tramadol dosage. If you are a pregnant or lactating female, please consult your doctor before taking the drug.
4. Can I use tramadol for back pain? Tramadol belongs to a class of medications called opiate (narcotic) analgesics. Its uses include treating moderate to severe pain such as back pain.
5. Is tramadol addictive? Yes, the side-effects of the drug tramadol include physical and physiological addiction.