Trental Pink Una 400 Mg Tablet 15
Trental contains pentoxifylline as an active ingredient. t helps to increase the blood flow to the arms and legs. Trental USES include treatment of intermittent claudication (a condition which involves pain during rest or while walking associated with poor circulation).
How does the drug work?
Pentoxifylline belongs to a class of drugs called peripheral vasodilators. Pentoxifylline acts by reducing the thickness of blood and increasing the flexibility of red blood cells. It inhibits the red blood cell and platelet aggregation to produce these effects.
What are the common side effect?
The common Trental side effects include nausea and vomiting. The other less common but serious side effects of pentoxifylline are blood disorders, jaundice, bleeding from the eyes, chest pain and serious allergic reactions.
• Do not take Trental tablets if an allergic reaction has been experienced to pentoxifylline or similar drugs such as theophylline or aminophylline in the past.
• Trental should not be used by the patients who have serious heart problems, stroke with bleeding in the brain, bleeding in the eyes.
• If any other drug has to be taken along with the medication pentoxifylline, it has to be informed to a doctor. This helps to avoid unwanted effects due to the interactions between the co-administered drugs.
• Take Trental with caution in case of hypotension, liver or kidney problems, and certain heart problems. Patients with kidney problems may need a low dose of the drug.
• It is not advisable to take Trental during pregnancy or while feeding.
• This drug is not for use in children.
• Take the exact Trental dosage as prescribed by the doctor. Exceeding the dose can lead to unwanted effects of the drug.
• Do not drive for some time because of the chances of dizziness after taking this medicine.
1. What happens if I take cimetidine with pentoxifylline? Taking cimetidine along with pentoxifylline can increase the risk of you getting side effects.
2. How should I take pentoxifylline? You must take pentoxifylline with meals. Swallow the tablets as a whole with water but do not crush or chew them.
3. What is the dose of pentoxifylline? The usual pentoxifylline dose is 400 mg to be taken thrice daily which may be lowered to 400 mg per day later. Consult a doctor for the right dose.
4. How to store pentoxyphylline tablets? Store the drug at room temperature and out of sight from children. Do not use the expired drug.
5. What if I miss a dose of pentoxifylline? Do not worry if you miss a dose of pentoxifylline. Take it as soon as you remember and if it is almost time for your next dose, then leave the forgotten dose and continue with the next dose at its usual time.