Urifast 50 Mg Tablet Dt 10
Nitrofurantoin is the active ingredient of niftas. Nitrofurantoin is used for treating bacterial infections of the urinary tract such as kidney, bladder, and pelvic infections.
How does the drug work?
Nitrofurantoin is a bacteriostatic drug and works by inhibiting the bacterial protein synthesis.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of nitrofurantoin are diarrhea, indigestion, abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, drowsiness, skin rash, loss of appetite, and headache.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is nitrofurantoin an antibiotic? Yes. Nitrofurantoin belongs to the class of nitrofuran antibiotics.
2. Can nitrofurantoin be taken with food? Nitrofurantoin tablet is preferably taken after food to prevent nausea and for better absorption of the drug.
3. Can nitrofurantoin be taken with antacids? Nitrofurantoin or tab niftas should not be taken with antacids containing magnesium as magnesium can impair complete absorption of nitrofurantoin.
4. Is nitrofurantoin safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding? Nitrofurantoin is a pregnancy category B drug and is considered safe during pregnancy and breastfeeding. However, avoid use in case of mothers who are breastfeeding a month old baby as nitrofurantoin can be excreted through milk and cause hemolytic anemia in infants.