Urispas 200 Mg Tablet 10
Flavoxate is used to treat urgent urination, bladder pain, incontinence (urine leakage), prostate enlargement, and bladder infections. Additionally, flavonate is used to prevent muscle spasms.
How does the drug work?
Flavoxate is a spasmolytic flavones derivative. It acts by relaxing the smooth muscles in the urinary tract. Its anticholinergic action reduces the pressure on the smooth muscles in the bladder which effectively reduces the number of voids. Flavoxate improves retention by facilitating increased volume per void.
What are the common side effects ?
The common side effect of flavoxate is confusion, dizziness, drowsiness, dry mouth, dry throat, dry skin, eye pain, skin rash, tachycardia, fast heartbeat, and vomiting.
Important Information for Safe Use
• Flavoxate is used in combination with other drugs to treat abdominal, intestinal, and urinary bladder ulcers.
• Individuals with stomach bleeding, difficulty in swallowing or rectal bleeding should not take Urispas drug.
• Do not use Urispas drug in the conditions such as bowel obstruction and urinary blockage.
• Avoid consuming alcohol as it increases the risk of side effects of Urispas.
• Do not become overheated or dehydrated. Avoid going in hot weather to prevent heatstroke.
1. I experience bloating while using Urispas drug. Can I stop taking it? Bloating is a common side effect of Urispas. Report to the doctor immediately, if the side effect worsens.
2. I was diagnosed with glaucoma. Can I use flavoxate drug? No, flavoxate drug should not be used in glaucoma.
3. Should I take Urispas with/without food? Urispas should be taken with food to avoid stomach upset.
4. Does Urispas affect eyes? Urispas may cause photosensitivity, so wear sunglasses while going out.
5. Can I give flavoxate to my 10-year-old child? No, flavoxate is not recommended for children below 12 years of age.