Ursol 150 Mg Tablet 10
Ursodeoxycholic acid also called as ursodiol is a bile acid used to dissolve gallstones or prevent the formation of gallstones, to treat hepatic disorders, cirrhosis, and other conditions. Ursodeoxycholic acid tablets are prescribed to the patients who cannot undergo surgery for the removal of gallstones. It is also prescribed for patients who are overweight as overweight is one of the risk factor for developing gallstones.
How does the drug work?
Ursodeoxycholic acid acts by decreasing the production of cholesterol and dissolving the cholesterol in the bile, thereby prevents the formation of stones in the gall bladder.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of Ursodeoxycholic include a sore throat, itching, rash, nasal congestion, cold symptoms, sneezing, loose motion, nausea, headache, dizziness, and stomach pain.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is ursodeoxycholic acid a steroid? No. Ursodeoxycholic acid is similar to a naturally produced bile salt.
2. How frequently do I need to use ursodeoxycholic acid tablet? Ursodeoxycholic acid is generally prescribed thrice or twice daily. However, consult your doctor before taking the tablet.
3. Is it safe to use ursodeoxycholic acid during pregnancy? It is probably safe to take ursodeoxycholic acid during pregnancy. However, consult your doctor before taking any medication during pregnancy.
4. Does ursodeoxycholic acid cause weight gain? No, ursodeoxycholic acid has no effect on weight.
5. Can I take ursodeoxycholic acid with Gelusil? No. Gelusil is an antacid and may decrease the effect of ursodeoxycholic acid when taken together.