Warf 5 Mg Tablet 15
Warf tablet contains drug warfarin sodium which is used to prevent clotting of blood, to treat blood clots in the brain, heart, lungs and other parts of the body. Warfarin is also used to prevent heart attacks or strokes or paralysis due to blood clots.
How does the drug work?
Tab Warf contains drug warfarin an anti-coagulant, which belongs to a class of drugs known as coumarins. Warfarin acts by preventing the formation of blood clotting factors thereby preventing the clotting of blood.
What are the common side effect?
Tablet warfarin side effects include nausea and vomiting, vomiting of blood, liver dysfunction, brain hemorrhage, blood in urine, diarrhea, rectal hemorrhage, decreased hematocrit level, decreased hemoglobin level in blood, purple toes syndrome, pancreatic inflammation, gastrointestinal disorder, hair loss, jaundice, rash, skin necrosis, skin redness, and swelling.
Important Info Avoid Warf tablet in patients allergic to warfarin. Avoid warfarin drug in case of bleeding problems or a recent history of brain stroke. Avoid warfarin use in patients who underwent surgery or scheduled to undergo any surgery in the next 72 hours. Avoid using medicine warfarin in case of pregnancy or planning to become pregnant or have delivered a child in the last 48 hours. Avoid warfarin in patients with stomach ulcers or gastrointestinal bleeding, liver, heart, kidney or thyroid problems; anemia, or cancer. If the patient is taking any other drugs for blood clot (blood thinners), they should avoid taking warfarin. Avoid alcohol and tobacco while taking warfarin.
1. Is warfarin safe with any kind of foods? No. Warfarin should be avoided with foods rich in vitamin K such as spinach, broccoli, spring onions, cucumber, collards, and dried basil.
2. Can I take aspirin for pain if I am taking warfarin? No. Aspirin is a blood thinning agent. Aspirin, when taken with warfarin, may increase the risk of bleeding.
3. Does warfarin cause constipation? Warfarin may cause constipation. If you experience such symptoms, please consult your doctor.
4. Is it safe to take alcohol while on warfarin medication? It is highly unsafe to take alcohol with warfarin.
5. Is it safe to drive while taking warfarin medication? Warfarin may not cause dizziness or drowsiness, so it may be safe to drive while taking this medication. But in case if you notice such symptoms avoid activities requiring alertness and consult your doctor immediately.