Westel 5 Mg Tablet 10
Prochlorperazine used to treat psychotic disorders such as schizophrenia. Other uses of Stemetil md include treatment of anxiety (only when other ant-anxiety drugs have been ineffective), prevention and treatment of severe nausea and vomiting, and treatment of dizziness (vertigo) associated with Meniere’s disease. It is also used to treat migraine headache.
How does the drug work?
Prochlorperazine maleate which is a phenothiazine. It works by antagonizing the dopamine receptors in the central nervous system. The blockade of these dopamine receptors produces anti-emetic and antipsychotic effects. Stemetil md tablets (Prochlorperazine) are available in the dosage of 5mg.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects include vision problems, lightheadedness, drowsiness, increased appetite, urinary retention, difficulty moving, diarrhea, constipation, sleeping problems, dry mouth, irregular menstruation, weight gain, tremors, and stuffy nose.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. What activities should I avoid while taking prochlorperazine? Stemetil md may cause drowsiness and dizziness. So, you must avoid driving and operating heavy machines while on Stemetil md medication.
2. How should I take prochlorperazine maleate tablets? You must take the drug only with food. Avoid holding the drug for longer periods as you may get skin irritation or redness.
3. What happens if I overdose prochlorperazine? Taking an excess dose of prochlorperazine may cause dizziness, increased heartbeat, stiffness or shaking, writhing movements, breathing difficulty, and confusion. Seek immediate medical care if you experience any of the above side effects.
4. Is prochlorperazine used for psychotic conditions such as dementia? prochlorperazine is not indicated for dementia. You must consult your doctor before taking the drug.
5. Can I take amitryptilline along with prochlorperazine? prochlorperazine is known to interact with amitryptilline. So, you must seek medical advice before taking the drug to avoid complications.
6. Is prochlorperazine used for nausea relief? Yes. prochlorperazine is indicated for the treatment and prevention of nausea.