Wokadine 200 Mg Pessaries 14
Povidone-iodine is an antiseptic medication which is used primarily for the prevention of postoperative infections. It is also used for sterilizing surgical equipment or for surgical scrubbing. It is also used to clean wounds like minor cuts, burns, abrasions and ulcers on skin.
How does the drug work?
Povidone-iodine is used to kill wide range of germs, bacteria, viruses, fungi and simple organisms. It is the best medicine for wound healing. Povidone-iodine dry power or ointment can be used for the wound care and dressing of burns, minor injuries, and ulcers.
What are the common side effect?
There are no major side effects reported on povidone-iodine. However, some patient reported to experience skin irritation.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. How should I use this medication? Follow the instructions given by the manufacture or consult your doctor before use.
2. Are there any storage precautions for povidone-iodine? Store the medication at room temperature (25°C) and away from direct heat and sunlight. Keep the drug out of reach of children.
3. What long-term effects I might experience with povidone-iodine? Povidone-iodine should not be used for more than one week unless prescribed by your doctor. Its long term use may cause severe allergic reaction characterized by severe rash, hives, difficulty in breathing and dizziness.
4. Is povidone-iodine used for dressing pressure ulcers? Yes. Povidone-iodine can be used to clean pressure ulcers as helps to prevent bacterial infection.
5. Can I take any other medications along with povidone-iodine? You must discuss with your doctor before taking any other medications.