Womox 250 Mg Tablet Dt 10
Amoxicillin is one among the penicillin group of antibiotics which is prescribed during the treatment for bacterial infections. Amoxicillin is of great benefit for tonsil pain relief, treatment for sinus infection, genital and urinary tract infection, teeth and gum infections, respiratory tract infections, and it is a common antibiotic for many bacterial infections.
How does the drug work?
Amoxicillin interferes with the production of the bacterial cell wall; it weakens and ruptures the cell wall of the bacteria, thereby, killing them.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects associated with amoxicillin include nausea and vomiting, headache, allergic reaction, rash, diarrhea, stomach pain, vaginal itching, and vaginal discharge.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. Is amoxicillin safe for children? Yes, amoxicillin is safe for children when taken in the prescribed dose. Amoxicillin dosage for children differs from that of adults.
2. Can I take amoxicillin for a sore throat, cold, cough, and flu? Amoxicillin is only effective against bacterial infections, not viruses. A sore throat, cold, and cough caused due to bacteria can be treated with amoxicillin, but the flu cannot be treated as it is a viral infection.
3. Does amoxicillin cause constipation? No. Amoxicillin does not cause constipation. Consult your doctor if you notice such side effects.
4. How long does amoxicillin take to work? The time taken for the amoxicillin to show its action may depend on the type and severity of the infections. However, it would take anywhere between one to seven days.
5. Does amoxicillin act against anaerobic bacteria? Yes. Amoxicillin is active against both aerobic as well as anaerobic bacterial infections.