Xtraz Powder 105 Gm
Aceclofenac is an NSAID, i.e. non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug used to treat mild to moderate pain and inflammation. It is effective in the treatment of pain and swelling of joints (osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis) and relieves inflammation of the vertebrae (ankylosing spondylitis) to prevent the fusion of the spine bones.
How does the drug work?
Similar to the other NSAIDs, aceclofenac is a prostaglandin synthesis inhibitor. Thus, the prostaglandin effects such as sensitization of the spinal nerves to the painful stimuli, inflammation associated with vasodilation, and elevation of body temperature by the stimulation of thyroid gland are not produced.
What are the common side effect?
The common side effects of aceclofenac are redness and itching of the skin, dizziness, indigestion, abdominal pain, nausea, heartburn, diarrhea, and an increase in the liver enzymes.
Important Information for use
• People with bone marrow depression should not use Zepcar CR medicine.
• Avoid the Zepcar CR drug if an allergic reaction was seen with an earlier use of carbamazepine.
• Do not take any other antidepressant drugs along with Carbafen tablet. If a MAO-inhibitor drug was used in the past 14 days, then do not take Zepcar CR.
• Call the doctor immediately in the case of skin rash, unusual weakness, bleeding and fever. This is because of the chances of Carbafen side effects such as life-threatening skin rash.
• Continue the Zepcar CR medication for the full length prescribed by the doctor.
• Pregnant women should not start or stop using Zepcar CR unless instructed by the doctor.
• Don’t get exposed to sunlight due to the risk of sunburn with Zepcar CR.
• Do not take grapefruit juice while using Zepcar CR.
1. I have taken mifepristone to terminate my pregnancy. Can I take aceclofenac for a backache? Do not take aceclofenac at least for 8-12 days after taking mifepristone. You may consult your doctor for a safer use of the drug.
2. How should I take the aceclofenac tablets? It is preferable to take aceclofenac tablets with food, i.e. after eating.
3. Can I drive or operate machines after taking aceclofenac? You should refrain from driving or using machinery which requires attention as aceclofenac may cause side effects such as dizziness and drowsiness.
4. Can I give aceclofenac for my 15-year-old child for pain relief? The medicine is not indicated for the children less than 18 years of age.
5. What should I do if I experience nausea after taking aceclofenac? Consume simple foods instead of spicy foods if you experience nausea after taking
1. I have taken mifepristone to terminate my pregnancy.