Zimig Cream 10 Gm
Terbinafine hydrochloride is the main constituent of the medicine Zimig which is used to treat fungal infections. Terbinafine USES include treatment of athlete’s skin, ringworm, jock itch, and certain other skin infections caused by the fungus.
How does the drug work?
Terbinafine acts by inhibiting the synthesis of ergosterol, a cholesterol component present in the fungal cell membrane. This leads to the death of the fungus.
What are the common side effect?
The common terbinafine tablets side effects are skin rash, taste disturbances, diarrhea, nausea, indigestion, vomiting, headache, cough and fever.
• Individuals who have a past allergic reaction to terbinafine should not take Zimig medicine.
• In case of an active or chronic liver disease, this medicine should be avoided.
• People using Zimig drug need continuous monitoring of their immune system and liver function. Discontinuation of the drug may be required in case of severe abnormalities.
• Stop using the medicine if serious skin reactions, taste and smell disturbances occur.
• If any other medicines are to be used along with terbinafine, inform a doctor or a health care provider. Taking more than one drug together can lead to unwanted effects due to interactions.
• If you have any other illness, let the doctor know them. The treatment may vary accordingly.
• Inform a doctor in case of pregnancy and breastfeeding to ensure the safety of the baby.
• This medicine is not for use in children below 12 years.
• Use exactly as directed by a physician to avoid or reduce side effects and unwanted effects.
• Read the instructions on the package to further understand the Zimig drug USES and side effects.
1. How long does it take for the improvement of nailbeds with terbinafine tablets? The treatment of nailbeds with terbinafine tablets requires several months to show improvement.
2. How will I know if my liver function is getting impaired with Zimig tablets? You will have symptoms such as dark urine, jaundice, stomach pain and loss of appetite. These symptoms indicate that your liver function is getting deteriorated.
3. Can I use tanning beds to prevent sun tan with Zimig ointment? Do not use tanning beds. Instead use sunscreen lotion to prevent light sensitive reactions such as tanning.
4. What if I miss taking a dose of Zimig tablet? Skip the missed dose and take the next dose if it is less than 4 hours due for the next dose.
5. What is the dose of the Zimig drug for the treatment of Tinea capitis in children? The usual dose of Zimig drug for the treatment of Tinea capitis in children is about 187.5 mg, to be given orally for 6 weeks. However, consult a doctor who may adjust the dose based on the weight of your child.