Zinetac 150 Mg Tablet 30
Ranitidine lowers the secretion of stomach acids and provides acidity relief in different parts of the gastrointestinal tract. Thus, it is a drug used to prevent ulcers in the stomach, and a part of the gut called the duodenum. The other ranitidine uses include relief of stomach discomfort and indigestion problems. It stops the reverse flow of acid into the oesophagus. Faster relief from stomach infections occurs when the ranitidine medicine is taken together with certain antibiotics.
How does the drug work ?
Ranitidine is a potent inhibitor of the H2-receptors present on the cells of the stomach wall. Thus, it inhibits the action of histamine on these receptors reducing the production of stomach acid.
What are the common side effects ?The common side effects of ranitidine are abdominal pain, constipation, diarrhea, and headache. It can lead to serious side effects such as allergic reactions involving trouble breathing, a low heart beat, certain blood disorders, severe stomach pain associated with the inflammation of the pancreas. However, these are less common ranitidine side effects.
Important Information for Safe Use:
• Ranitidine tablets should not be taken by the persons who had a previous allergic reaction to the drug.
• It is important to inform the physician before taking ranitidine with other medications such as certain painkillers, diabetic drugs, antiviral agents, etc. This is due to the interaction of ranitidine with these drugs which leads to unwanted effects.
• Patients with a predisposed heart rhythm disturbance, weak immune system, diabetes, long-term lung disorders, liver and kidney impairment should check with the doctor before using the ranitidine drug.
• Risk to the infant cannot be ruled out with the medication ranitidine. Therefore, pregnant and nursing women should take the drug under the supervision of a physician.
• Elderly patients should be cautious with the use of ranitidine due to an increased risk of pneumonia (a lung infection).
1. Is ranitidine a medication for heartburn? Yes. Ranitidine is used to relieve symptoms such as heartburn and is a tablet used to treat GERD, i.e. gastroesophageal reflex disorder.
2. I am scheduled for an operation. Should I inform my surgeon that I take ranitidine? Yes. You should tell your surgeon that you are taking ranitidine. This is because you may be given anesthetics such as midazolam which can abnormally increase the effect of ranitidine.
3. Can I use the medicine ranitidine to prevent stomach ulcers due to other drugs? Yes. Ranitidine is effective in preventing drug-related stomach ulcers.
4. What is the ranitidine dosage for heartburn in children? To treat heartburn in children, usually
2.5 mg per kg body weight of the child is given twice a day, for 2 weeks. However, the exact dose is decided by a physician.
5. What should I do if i miss the dose? Take it as soon as you remember. If it is almost time for the next dose, do not take the missed dose and continue with the next dose to avoid doubling of the dose.